Working out, especially when traveling for work is really important to me. It keeps me sane and is probably the only real time I get up and move around for that day. So regardless of how early or late a class may be, I'll do it. Under time pressure, I visited the closest gym to my hotel and client site, Corey's Gym / North Bay CrossFit. What a cute homey little gym!
I dropped in for the 5:30am class with the owner, Corey herself. This is what was programmed:
- Warm Up: block run, shoulder passes, good mornings, tick tocks, deadlift, 200m run
- Workout: 5 rounds for time:
- 10 Deadlifts 225#/155#
- 20 Med Ball Cleans 20#/14#
- 10 Toes-to-Bar
- 20 Box Jumps 24"/20"
Some things I really liked here:
- Great community. Everyone was very welcoming, nice and supportive. Even though I was just visiting, I felt like I was part of the gym.
- Personalized and small class sizes. You'll get lots of attention!
- Passionate trainers. Corey's very supportive and caring of everyone's fitness journey. During the class she checked with each person what weight they will be using and how/if they plan on scaling. During the workout, she pushed and motivated people to keep going, while watching their form.
- Quality classes. Strong emphasis on form. Form before reps. During the class, Corey reviewed all the movements in detail and do's and don'ts. During the warm up and workout, she closely watched everyone to make sure people were moving right.
- Though small, they have a lot of different equipment including: fractional plates, bench, airdyne, rope, dip stations, parallettes, slam balls, etc
- Open daily. Classes Monday to Saturday and Open Gym on Saturday.
- Open Gym
- $20 drop in fee
Some things that could use improvement:
- More class times