Escarole and Pork
I wasn't sure what to call this dish, but the main ingredients are escarole, ground pork, and king trumpet mushrooms. It's kind of unique in that you can serve it as a side dish or as the main course. I had this with Stuffed Chicken Breast. I can also imagine it tasting pretty bomb on top some cast-iron Cauliflower 'rice'.
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 King Trumpet Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1lb coarse ground Pork
- 1 small White Onion, diced
- 1 handful Walnuts, crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 5-7 fresh Sage leaves, finely minced
- 2 heads Escarole
- A splash of White Wine, or water
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt (to taste)
2. Extra fatty pork.
- Gather all ingredients. Coarsely chop the 6 King Trumpet Mushrooms. Finely chop a small white onion, or about 1/3 a large one. Mix the fresh thyme and chopped sage. Crush the walnuts.
- Melt the 2 Tbsp Butter and 1 Tbsp Olive Oil in the large pan over high heat. When the foaming begins to subside and the oil is very hot, add the chopped mushrooms. Sautee for a few minutes.
- Add the 1# of pork. Cook until there is almost no more pink showing. Salt and Pepper.4. pork and mushrooms.
- Add diced white onion. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add a handful of crushed walnuts. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the mixed fresh thyme and sage. Mix.5. + Herbs.
- Add the 2 heads of escarole. Cook covered until the escarole reduces down. Uncover frequently to mix. ~5-7 minutes. Add a splash of white wine or water midway.6. even coating.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Hope you guys try it out!
Related Recipes: Stuffed Chicken Breast | Sauteed Mushroom