Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Butter. I like the KerryGold brand.
- 1/4 White Onion, diced
- 1 cup Broccoli, diced
- 2lb skinless Chicken Breast, butterflied
- 6 thin slices, Cheddar Cheese (~3"x1"x1/4"). I like the KerryGold brand.
- 1/2 cup White Wine (I used a Chardonnay)
- dash of red pepper
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Finely chop a 1/4 white onion, or 1/2 a small one. Cut the broccoli into small pieces, as if you were going to put it in an omelete. You can ask Whole Foods to butterfly the chicken for you, free of charge, otherwise do this. Make 4 thin slices of cheddar cheese (2 per breast).
- Melt the 1 Tbsp Butter in an enameled cast iron skillet. When the butter foam begins to subside, add the chopped white onion.
- After a couple minutes, add the 1 cup finely chopped broccoli. Saute until desired broccoli tenderness. I like it more towards the raw side so just a couple minutes. Add the sea salt and black pepper to taste, and a dash of red pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.4. Filling.
- Lay the butterflied chicken breast. Add the broccoli-onion filling from above: a thin layer on top of the chicken. Be careful not to add too much since we will roll the chicken. Place a slice of cheddar cheese.5. + Herbs.
- Roll the chicken, like a roulade. Use Butcher's string or tooth picks to hold the chicken and filling together.
- Melt 1 Tbsp Butter in a hot cast iron skillet. When the foam begins to subside, add the tied chicken. Brown each side... approximately 3 minutes per side.6. brown each side.
- Before putting the chicken in the oven, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each chicken breast. Open the oven door. Right before putting the cast iron skillet in the oven, add the 1/2 cup of white wine. Immediately put it in the oven.
- Bake for ~12 minutes at 400F.
- Remove from the oven. Remove the string or tooth picks. Serve and enjoy!