To make our flight, we came in for the 7:30am class with Kevin. This is what we did:
- Warm Up: 1000m row. 2 rounds: 10 air squats, 5 inch worms, 10 V ups, 10 KBS, 10 Walking Lunges
- Strength: 10 rounds: 2 Back Squats @ 75%-85%, 20s Row/Airdyne Sprint. 30s rest.
- Workout: 10min AMRAP:
- 5 HSPU
- 10 KBS
- 15 Sit Ups
Some things I really liked here:
- CrossFit and USAW certified gym! There are many platforms and racks!
- Great coaches. CrossFit Deep even has a couple Level 2 USAW coaches.
- Beautiful, organized gym. At a high level, platforms to the left, jerk boxes to the right, homemade steel pullup bars, rings, and open space down the middle. It is also clean.
- Prime location in Downtown Dallas. They are located in the Deep Ellum district. Free parking on the street, except between 6pm and midnight (weird hours).
- Variety of equipment: mats, airdyne, platforms, jerk boxes and shorter boxes, benches, etc.
- Long Open Gym hours. 3 hours every Monday, Friday and Sunday!
- Cold water stand.
- Clean shower, changing area, and possibly also towel service.
- $20 drop in fee, or buy a shirt
Some things that could use improvement:
- Additional set of weights in kilos. Fractional pound plates would also be nice.
Overall, nice box with a lot of great and really chill people. When you visit, you gotta get some real Texas BBQ at Pecan Lodge afterwards!